Is Modified ??

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

How can I check whether the active Document is modified or not since it was saved the last time.?

I need to perform some action before which it is required to Save the document.

Bbefore saving user should be asked his choice but only if the Document is in modified state since it was last saved.

I could not find a way to find whether the document is in modified state or not ?

Thanks in adance.

Kalpesh

Posted by: KALPESH PARMAR
Post date: 2/3/2008 6:22:37 PM

4 REPLIES

RE: Is Modified ??

[ Edited ]

To add to the earlier query....

The document is opened in Solid Edge Embedded Client Environment. So, instead of Save please read Upload which means Save to Library & Keep the document checked out.

But it will be useful if someone can advise on the APIs considering the Native Mode of operation and not SEEC.

Thanks

Post date: 2/3/2008 6:35:32 PM

[ Edited ]

I dont' know anything about SEEC but standard SE API, you can use the Application->ActiveDocument->Dirty flag.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 2/4/2008 1:41:15 AM

[ Edited ]

I have used this Dirty flag previously, to check for modification since last save, but also found that this is an unreliable method for drawings. - The action of moving the mouse over a view on a drawing (without selecting, clicking on it or attempting to intentionally activate it) can causes the Dirty flag to return true for drawing, regardless of whether any actual changes have been made to the drawing! This certainly occurrs in SE 18, 19 and 20.

Unfortunatly, the response I received from UGS support at the time was "The behaviour you are seeing here is normal and to be expected. There is not much you can do to stop this sadly."

Thanks,

Chris.

Posted by: chris mann
Post date: 2/4/2008 2:53:04 AM

[ Edited ]

Guys,

This helps a lot !!

So use of dirty flag won't quite serve the purpose. It is as good as hard coding the Save operation regardless of whether any whether Document is modified or not.

Thanks agian !!

Post date: 2/4/2008 6:03:33 AM