Is possible top get Document Links, without RevisionManager or SolidEdge installed?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Is possible top get a list of Document Links, without RevisionManager or SolidEdge installed?

With a Structured Storage Viewer, there is a stream named "Attachments:, with the links of documents.

Someone knows how to extract them form the stream?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Massimo

Posted by: Massimo Magris
Post date: 6/21/2009 9:15:23 PM

5 REPLIES

RE: Is possible top get Document Links, without RevisionManager or SolidEdge installed?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Massimo,

Some days ago i was playing with SEreader, it's a DLL that allows to read an asm structure and return filenames.

It is documented in the SDK folder in SE installation folder.

It seems that it only requires that DLL. I suppose (i didn't try) that only registering that DLL in a computer without SE installed, it would do what you look for.

I'm including an example i did for myself. It list an asm structure recursively. You can modify it to group by filenames to get quantities.

Regards,

Julian

Posted by: Julian Guillo
Post date: 6/22/2009 11:00:09 PM

RE: Is possible top get Document Links, without RevisionManager or SolidEdge installed?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Julian,

thanks very interesting!

I'm also tryng to get the info, from structured storage, since they are stored in stream "Attachments".

This would not require any DLL from SolidEdge installation.

Nice also C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST\SDK\Readers\DraftDataApi.doc, which let you extract EMF file drom drafting.

Can be useful for printing and viewing applications.

Thanks again, regards

Massimo

Post date: 6/22/2009 11:50:42 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Massimo,

What do you mean when saying: "This would not require any DLL from SolidEdge installation."

I think you will always require the SEReader.dll to do the job...

And yes, i also found the other "readers" very interesting. That is a section i never read in the past.

Ciao,

Julian

Post date: 6/23/2009 4:33:12 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Julian,

I mean that using only code to read the information from the document structured storage,

you should be able to get the informations without using any dll.

But anyway your solution is good for me.

ciao

Massimo

Post date: 6/23/2009 8:20:38 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Never heard about "structured storage" before.

I found it "Googling". Thanks for the info.

Post date: 6/23/2009 9:24:45 PM