Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to getphysicalproperties parts and sub-assemblies without opening the file? vb.net

Hi Friends,

i need a help regarding get physical properties (Getphysicalproperties) for parts and sub-assemblies without opening the file?. i need sample code required in VB.Net.

Regards,

Ramkumar

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is there a way to getphysicalproperties parts and sub-assemblies without opening the file? vb.ne

Legend
Legend

As you have stated your question I would have to say, no.  One must open the file in some manner to access the data it contains.  If you're trying to get those properties without starting solid edge application, then you might take a look at the Solid Edge Community Reader

https://github.com/SolidEdgeCommunity/SolidEdge.Community.Reader

There are a couple readers in the SDK folder of the DVD download that might work for you.

If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.

Re: Is there a way to getphysicalproperties parts and sub-assemblies without opening the file? vb.ne

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi Ramkumar,

You can store the physical properties to custom properties and read the File Properties using the readers to get the data from there.

Another way would be to use the SEFacet.dll found on the Solid Edge installation disk to read the facet data and use it in conjunction with some third-party library to calculate any physical properties like Area, Volume, etc.

Tushar

www.CADVertex.com

www.SurfandCode.IN