Link between Extruded Protrusion and Sketch

Hi,

Given an extruded protrusion, based on sketch feature, i'm trying to query the extrude, and to find connection to its parent sketch.

I Thought that the lines in the Profile property of the extrude will be the same lines of the Sketch Profile, but they are not.

I'm using ST3, and C#. for identity of the lines i'm comparing line.GetHashCode() from the sketch profile Lines2d collection and the Extrude Profile. The Geometry of the lines(e.g. start/end point is the same as expected).

My question is: is there another way to compare objects identity? Or Does anyone know how to connect the Extrude Profile itemss to the Sketch Profile items.

Thank you

Tomer

Posted by: Tomer Laor
Post date: 8/11/2011 7:46:52 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: Link between Extruded Protrusion and Sketch

Hi Tomer

its not so clear what is it you are trying to do or what is the final outcome you desire...

would you like to explain in Hebrew? ??? ???? ????? ???? ?? ??? ???? - ????? ???? ????? ? VB.

????

Alon

Posted by: alon raviv
Post date: 8/11/2011 8:12:15 AM

RE: Link between Extruded Protrusion and Sketch

Hi Alon,

My desierd Final outcome is a report on the content of features in SE parts.

Among many other things, i would like to report the parent-chiled connection between sketch(parent) ans sketch based feature(e.g. extrude). In addition i would like to report for each curve in the Extrude Profile wheather it's origin from a sketch and if so from what sketch.

I hope this clarified , what i need to do.

I have no problem reading VB code.

For other useres that participate in this community, i prefer communicate in English.

Thank you

Tomer

Posted by: Tomer Laor
Post date: 8/11/2011 8:58:36 AM