Location of all variables in SESpy

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello all SE Guru Programmers,

I would like to ask you one question about custom variables from Variable Table and their location in SESPY app. Our SE programmer is unable to find all these variables in SESPY app.

As a test case I have simple assembly (attached), where I created a sketch with pattern feature. Pattern feature has created two variables (X and Y direction of pattern) in Variable Table of assembly. I also created my own variable, which we can find in SESPY app. The two variables of Pattern features we can not find.

Could you please help me with tle location of custom variables ("Var" in Variable Table) that are created by system?

Thank you very much for any information and sorry for my english.

With best regards,

Ota

AxiomTech (SE reseller)

Czech Rep.

5 REPLIES

Re: Location of all variables in SESpy

Solution Partner Phenom

Have your programmer visit the SolidEdgeCommunity / Samples repository on GitHub. That is the landing page for all of our samples. Specifically, look at:

Download the .zip locally and extract it. Open .\Samples\Samples.sln" and execute. Once the application starts, select Assembly from the tree and select ReportVariables in th list. Check the breakpoint button then click the Start button. Visual Studio will break at the ReportVariables sample and he can follow from there.

Capture.png

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Solution Partner Phenom

Jason,

thanks a lot.

Our programmer downloaded these samples. When he wanted to use it, it required SolidEdge.Community.dll file. Can you provide us this dll file? Or where we can find this file?

Thank you for your help.

Ota

Solution Partner Phenom

The SolidEdge.Community.dll is distributed as a NuGet package. If his Visual Studio is configured correctly, it should download any missing packages upon build. Have your developer watch the following video for more information.

If the video doesn't help resolve the issue, I'll be glad to help more.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Solution Partner Phenom

Jason,

thank you very much, it helped a lot to our programmer.

Ota

Solution Partner Phenom

Thanks for the feedback. Glad I could help.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net