Looking for a tool to gather up all related files.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am looking for a tool that will allow me to point at an assembly file, will then gather up all of the required sub-assemblies and sub-components, and then also traverse back up the tree to gather up all the related drawings for all assemblies and components, allowing me to deposit the entire package of files into a directory.

This can be done using Revision Manager today, but it requires a fair amount of tedious manual input to find and select the drawings.

Does anyone know of such a tool that exists, or could someone write one for a fee.

Thanks,

Steve Sheldon

Posted by: Steven Sheldon
Post date: 4/3/2012 11:41:34 AM

1 REPLY

Re: Looking for a tool to gather up all related files.

[ Edited ]

Hi Steven

The link to parts is always at the parent asm or dft, and since a single part can be placed in many asm and dft the whereused can be terribly slow crawling through. A clever use of folders can maybe reduce crawling time with whereused.

I've also battled with it and eventually created a program that creates a text file that serves as an all links database (for the whole cad lib). when i need to find a parent i search the database (takes about 2 sec) instead of crawling with whereused. the down side of it is that the text file is not self updating. The only reason to use this is with extremely huge libs with multiple users.

you may also check ingeneasoft.com they have a file control program

Alon

Posted by: alon raviv
Post date: 4/10/2012 2:46:15 AM