Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Macro for exporting a curve coordinates to excel

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Tushar, I guess it is colloquial and hard to search for a precise definition. In general it connotes a negative. I suppose it's like a lament or regret but without strong feeling:

"The dropout rate is a sad commentary on our school system."

Anyway, it's doubly sad that not only is the SE API help not useful but you use SolidWorks help instead.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

As evident from the discussion, me and Francesco are digging deep into the API since user has asked for the moon, in that point data is being sought from all types of curves that exist in Solid Edge - curve in sketch, keypoint curve, intersection curve, project curve, cross curve, etc. These belong to different breed and wag tails in different ways, have come into existence in different releases of SE and serve different purpose each. A single or common way to extract the same information would be a misplaced expectation and in that sense exploring the API is frustrating.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello guys.

First, thank you for all the hard work you are doing here with this problem. Please, do not spent to much time on this. The user, for which I am asking this has just said, that there is no need to develope such a macro just for them. In other words, if it will become to expensive, they are not interested.

Phenom
Phenom

@Tushar wrote:

As evident from the discussion, me and Francesco are digging deep into the API since user has asked for the moon, in that point data is being sought from all types of curves that exist in Solid Edge - curve in sketch, keypoint curve, intersection curve, project curve, cross curve, etc. These belong to different breed and wag tails in different ways, have come into existence in different releases of SE and serve different purpose each. A single or common way to extract the same information would be a misplaced expectation and in that sense exploring the API is frustrating.

@Tushar I'm thinking that we could use the GetParamAtLenght method if we are able to select "Edge" geometry. If I have sometime today I will have a look at this way.

Re: Macro for exporting multiple curve coordinates to excel

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Tushar
I have read some of the communication in the post:Macro for exporting a curve coordinates to excel.
For use in my firm, I  need to export multiple curve data to Excel. In the first phase is it only lines. This should then be coordinates in points: Param 0 + 1. Can you supply me with a macro?

Thank you in advance.

Regards Per Riiser

Re: Macro for exporting multiple curve coordinates to excel

Legend
Legend

Hello to all!

As mentioned above explore geometry is a difficult job, I tried a different approach and got a useful result.

ExportCurves.jpg

How to use ExportCurves:

• Open Part document in Solid Edge
  • Select Geometry
    Valid features
    • Curves (Derived, Intersection, Project, Helical, Keypoint, Cross, Contour and Wrapsketch)
    • Sketch 3D (tangential wireframe)
    • Sketch 2D (tangential wireframe)
  • Specify Number of Points
  • Press Button ‘Export selected curves’
    • Determined points are written to a .csv-file.
    • File is opened with standard program defined in Windows explorer.