Macro help

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have no knowledge for writing macro's for Solid Edge in VB (verry little bit in VB for excel), but would this be easy to make? We have made 2 queries (select tools) in our assemblies to make 2 configuration displays from. We make drawings/part lists from these 2 display configurations.

What we do now:

- run the 1st query

- do a "show only" when the parts are selected

- update the 1st display configuration (if it don' exist, make it first)

- run the 2nd query

- do a "show only" when the parts are selected

- update the 2nd display configuration (if it don' exist, make it first)

- show all parts again

The queries & display configurations are named "Pipes And Fittings" & "Components"

Would it be difficult if someone could hand me over a piece of code to have a start in completing this macro. I can install the VB editor. Again, I don't know how much work this takes, so if I ask something too much, sorry for that.

Johan

2 REPLIES

Re: Macro help

Johan,

At first glance, I'm seeing that we can do most of what you're wanting. What I'm not finding at the moment is a way to apply\execute the query via the API. I may just be missing it but I'll keep looking.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Re: Macro help

It is possible to apply the Query using the MatchesCount of the Query. This function will give the number of occurences wich match the Query Criteria.

But as a byproduct, the SelectSet will be filled with these occurences.

I accedently stumbeled upon this, you won't see the occurences be selected in SE but the SelectSet will be changed!

Kr,