Macro help

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have no knowledge for writing macro's for Solid Edge in VB (verry little bit in VB for excel), but would this be easy to make? We have made 2 queries (select tools) in our assemblies to make 2 configuration displays from. We make drawings/part lists from these 2 display configurations.

What we do now:

- run the 1st query

- do a "show only" when the parts are selected

- update the 1st display configuration (if it don' exist, make it first)

- run the 2nd query

- do a "show only" when the parts are selected

- update the 2nd display configuration (if it don' exist, make it first)

- show all parts again

The queries & display configurations are named "Pipes And Fittings" & "Components"

Would it be difficult if someone could hand me over a piece of code to have a start in completing this macro. I can install the VB editor. Again, I don't know how much work this takes, so if I ask something too much, sorry for that.

Johan

2 REPLIES

Re: Macro help

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Johan,

At first glance, I'm seeing that we can do most of what you're wanting. What I'm not finding at the moment is a way to apply\execute the query via the API. I may just be missing it but I'll keep looking.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Re: Macro help

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It is possible to apply the Query using the MatchesCount of the Query. This function will give the number of occurences wich match the Query Criteria.

But as a byproduct, the SelectSet will be filled with these occurences.

I accedently stumbeled upon this, you won't see the occurences be selected in SE but the SelectSet will be changed!

Kr,