Manual for VB.NET - Solid Edge

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm begineer in programming Solid Edge with visual basic, but I'm really interested to learn.

I've started with the "solid edge programmer's guide" from Solid Edge ST3 but I want to learn more. I want to be able to make more dificult programs.

Where can I find a good manual of programming SolidEdge?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Posted by: Javier C
Post date: 10/15/2011 9:27:24 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Manual for VB.NET - Solid Edge

[ Edited ]

Hi Javier,

sorry, as far as i know there aren't any additional Solid Edge programming manuals/books for VB.NET available. Neither from Siemens nor from external sources. But the Solid Edge programmier's guide, you've already mentioned, gives you valuable hints for using the Solid Edge API under .NET. I know, unfortunately there are still a lot of traps one might run into.

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 10/15/2011 10:17:55 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Javier,

As Wolfgang points out, I don't think there are any manuals other than the programmers guide that's provided!!

I have found SolidEdge Spy very useful to explore the API for Solid Edge. It will let you see all the properties and methods that are available within the API and it updates as you use SE so you can make a change in the Solid Edge User Interface and see how the API reflects this. Very useful and free. You can download from the Products section of this site.

You should also post lots of questions on this forum if there are specifics you are having problems with - I have found everyone on here really helpful.

God Luck!

Cheers,

Alex

Posted by: Alex Lush
Post date: 10/16/2011 9:19:48 PM

[ Edited ]

Thanks Alex/Wolfgang.

I am going to download the Solid Edge Spy and try it!!!

Thanks!!

Posted by: Javier C
Post date: 10/22/2011 2:09:05 AM