Miss dll on ST10

Creator
Creator

Hello!

I recently instaled ST10 and it miss

SEDraftX ActiveX Control module (SEDraftX.ocx)

Solid Edge File Properties Object Library (PropAuto.dll)

Solid Edge Revision Manager Object Library (revmgr.dll).

Anybody knows why ?

Thank you!

12 REPLIES

Re: Miss dll on ST10

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

PropAuto.dll is delivered with ST10, what is not delivered with ST10 is the 32 bit version so you will only find the 64 bit version in "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST10\Program".  This fact was stated in the README notes delivered with ST10.

I was not able to find SEDraftX.ocx delivered on install with ST10 but that may be due to the fact that Solid Edge Viewer is no longer delivered with ST10 (also in the README).

For the Design Manager file (revmgr.dll) I'm assuming you meant "revmgr.tlb", and again, if you are looking for the 32 bit version, it is no longer delivered with ST10 so you will find the 64 bit version in "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST10\Program".

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Creator
Creator

Thank you KennyG.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@ManacIf you download and install the ST10 View & Markup product, it will install the SEDraftX.ocx,  SEPartX.ocx, and RevMgr.tlb in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Insight Connect ST10\Program".

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Creator
Creator

Wow, with ST10 View & Markup, everything is ok now.

thank you very much.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if the printdft.exe will be affected by this?  (It used to be included in the c:\Solid Edge\SDK\Samples\viewing" folder.)  We use this for viewing all of our files across our organization with out the need of installing any Solid Edge related files.  If we lose this it could be a major inconvienence for us, especially if we have to take the time to load view/mark-up on every station.

I know ST9 MP5 brought back the icons in PrintDft that went missing with the original release of ST9.

printdft.JPG

Creator
Creator

I think you can not run this program without SEDraftX.ocx

and SEDraft.ocx is an ActiveX Control module Provided by Solid Edge.

you need SEDraftX.ocx to run this program (printdft.exe)

I try to register SEDraft.ocx without install View & Markup product in C:\Windows\System32

and it work but no icon.

After installing View & Markup everything is ok.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well that stinks!  That means a lot more installations to not sure how that would work on our Citrix machines.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Note that with ST10 you now run Solid Edge 2D as your viewing solution for Solid Edge data without requiring any Solid Edge licenses...

new_viewing.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

One potential hang-up I see with that...it requires installs to be done - which we don't have to do today and unless something has changed with ST10, it takes (at least in ST9) a lot longer to view a DFT file thru the 2D viewer than it does with PrintDft.  PrintDft is lightning fast.  Seems like 2 steps backwards to me.