Move or Rotate an Occurence with 3D-Relation

Hi,

I am trying to move an occurrence which have a Gear Relation, when I use the Move or Rotate Methods the Occurence moves without the 3D-Relations.

I have looked for the Drag Component Object within the SolidEdge Programming Library but it does not appear.

Is there any way to move an Occurence with the previous created 3D-Relations?

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards.

6 REPLIES

Re: Move or Rotate an Occurence with 3D-Relation

Set up a user variable that drives the angle of the gear and then edit the value of the user variable.

Terry Tyson
Software Automation Designer

Thanks for your answer and time first of all, 

But when you define a gear relation you only set the ratios, no angle have to be defined.

I have set up the user variable, when it is changed and used for the .rotate method, the relationship does not work.

Hi Terry,

Could you please tell me more details about of your solution, this is the last part of my code and I really do not Know how to achive the movement of two gears without loosing the ed relations.

I don't know the details of how you have your assembly set up but if you have an angle relation on a driving part, and a formula based angle on another part, you can use one to move the other.

Driving Gear: Angle Relation, Name = DRIVE_ANGLE, Value = USER_VARIABLE

Driven Gear: Angle Relation, Name = DRIVEN_ANGLE, Formula = DRIVE_ANGLE * RATIO

Code edits USER_VARIABLE and moves gears.

Terry Tyson

Don't forget to do an updateAll afterwards to make them actually move.
Terry Tyson

Thanks Terry,

I will try with your solution today and tomorrow, and I will tell you if it works.