.Net Controls

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have finally finished some file system controls that I was working on and though I'd post them here to get some testing done

I have attached a demo VB.Net Project, the actual assembly for the controls (ExplorerControls.dll) can be found in the projects 'bin' folder (there is also a 'de' folder with the German resources for the controls). The controls will work for SharePoint files - the main reason I put the effort in - in almost all situations (interactively everything works, but opening SharePoint folders programatically using a path will fail).

The controls are an extension to those in the following article:

http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/ExpCombo.asp

where you can download the (now out-of-date) source code if you're interested - the full source code for the controls posted here is available to anyone that asks

The documentations coming - but not before my holidays - I'm hoping to have some proper help files done in a few weeks.

Cheers

Calum

[Download updated 30 Mar 2006]

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 10/4/2005 12:24:15 AM

9 REPLIES

RE: .Net Controls

[ Edited ]

Looks cool! I use your now out-dated version in some of my stuff. I would be lost without it!

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by: Michael Frayser
Post date: 10/5/2005 5:57:51 AM

[ Edited ]

Calum,

I just went and checked out your article. Very nice and very well written .

I have green envy of their articles module. I wish I could find one that I could use here so that people could contribute.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 10/10/2005 5:50:23 AM

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the feedback guys

Post date: 10/17/2005 11:00:31 PM

[ Edited ]

When using the folder browser, is it possible to disable the "New Folder" button? (ie: FolderBrowserDialog1.ShowNewFolderButton = False)

Post date: 10/24/2005 7:43:07 AM

[ Edited ]

Sorry, it's not possible

But it will be before the end of the week

Thanks for the idea - keep 'em comin'

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 10/24/2005 8:28:52 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi Mike,

I added the property you wanted and updated the download - I also added an MSI that installs the library to the Native Image Cache and writes a couple of reg keys so that the library appears in the References and Add/Remove Items (in the Toolbox) dialogs.

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 10/24/2005 7:03:06 PM

[ Edited ]

Thanks! You're all over it! I'll grab the new download.

Post date: 10/25/2005 12:51:01 AM

[ Edited ]

In case anybody actually uses these controls, it may be interesting to know that the 2005 version has just been sent in to the Code Project. It should be online sometime next week.

I have made a lot of improvements (functionality, ease of use and stability). All these are detailed in the article.

I have attached the downloads from the article. Just remember - .Net 2.0 dependent...

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 8/3/2006 8:13:56 AM

[ Edited ]

And the demo project....

Post date: 8/3/2006 8:14:54 AM