Powerful Communication Tools required.

Creator
Creator

Hello,

Is it possible to include some sort of communication tools which will support for sharing the model with the customer online, who does not have a 3D software/ knowledge so that we can present and explain, may be on their web browser itself on a real time basis by sharing a link or something.. like in a teamviewer.. so that we dont have to use a third party software to share or make a presentation and can save some time and can get a better understanding with the other end.

Sreeraj 

Redecos Technologies
www.redecos.in
5 REPLIES

Re: Powerful Communication Tools required.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Take a look at 3D PDFs.

Terry Tyson
Software Automation Designer
Highlighted

Creator
Creator

Hi Terry,

Ofcourse 3D pdf is good way for that.But still its a kind of offline method..

I mean some more effective solution. so that we can share the screen/model with a link and explain so that the feedback will be quick and if need the modification can be done at the same time and can seek the approval. All that they can see everything with in their browser environment.. We can save so much of time.. Right??

Anyway thank you for your reply..

Redecos Technologies
www.redecos.in

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Any web meeting software like WEBEX or GoToMeeting can support a collaborative session as you described.

Another option when it is available might be Solid Edge Portal:  https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/products/solid-edge/portal/index.shtml

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Creator
Creator

Hi Kenny,

The cloud option seems to be so interesting.. Any idea they implemented any where??? Thats going to be the one I was looking for!! Cheers..

Sreeraj

Redecos Technologies
www.redecos.in

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Solid Edge Portal is not out yet and I do not know when it may be expected.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3