Read Occurrences directly from file?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there a way to read the Occurrences directly from an assembly file without opening Solid Edge?

Thanks

Terry Tyson
Software Automation Designer
4 REPLIES

Re: Read Occurrences directly from file?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

You can kick off the LinkInfoTest.exe in the Program folder. Then you can use Windows automation tools (AutomationElement) to browse the file you want and parse out the results. Something like AutomationSpy can get you the AutomationId values.

Siemens PLM Software, Inc.
Project Test Engineer (Automation)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't have a LinkInfoTest.exe. Probably another reason to upgrade to ST9.LinkFilesAvailable.JPG

Terry Tyson

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you look in the SE download or the DVD in the SDK\Advanced\Readers folder, you will find "SEreader.dll" which will allow you to get Occurences in an Assembly file without SE.  Not sure exactly how to use it but GTAC can get you more info on it.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ken, thanks for the solution. This looks like it is going to work perfectly. I did run into a temporary snag. Apparantly SEReader.dll is 64bit only. I had "Any CPU" selected and "Prefer 32-bit" checked. I kept getting a "Class not registered" error. Once I switched the platform to x64 it worked. Thanks for the help.

Terry Tyson