Readcustom properties from the insight database

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello together,

is there a way to read, (only read) some custom properties direct from the insight database? I have to write a BOM report. Export all the files from the insight database to the local drive and then read the custom properties with solidedge.Fileproperties is very slowly.

Thanks a lot for your help

Matthias Leemann

Posted by: Matthias Leemann
Post date: 11/6/2008 9:33:48 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Readcustom properties from the insight database

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Matthias,

have a look at the Insight API. You can get an Insight instance through the RevisionManager API using the RevisionManager.Application.Insight property. The is a method GetFilePropertiesFromServer. Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 11/6/2008 8:01:59 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Calum,

i know this method but i don't know how to read CUSTOM properties. Succesful read some properties like "title" or "subject" but i need to read some CUSTOM properties.

thanks

Matthias

Posted by: Matthias Leemann
Post date: 11/6/2008 8:13:58 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Matthias,

you should be able to read any properties from the Sharepoint libraries. If the properties haven't been added to the libraries then you have no choice, you'll have to export/download the files.

Are the properties available in Sharepoint? If not, do you require Solid Edge for your work, or are you writing the BOM to a file? If you don't require Solid Edge then I would suggest running a program on the SQL server that extracts the file from the database and then gets the properties through the StructuredStorage API.

Hope this helps

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 11/6/2008 10:58:37 PM