Readcustom properties from the insight database

[ Edited ]

Hello together,

is there a way to read, (only read) some custom properties direct from the insight database? I have to write a BOM report. Export all the files from the insight database to the local drive and then read the custom properties with solidedge.Fileproperties is very slowly.

Thanks a lot for your help

Matthias Leemann

Posted by: Matthias Leemann
Post date: 11/6/2008 9:33:48 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Readcustom properties from the insight database

[ Edited ]

Hi Matthias,

have a look at the Insight API. You can get an Insight instance through the RevisionManager API using the RevisionManager.Application.Insight property. The is a method GetFilePropertiesFromServer. Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 11/6/2008 8:01:59 PM

[ Edited ]

Dear Calum,

i know this method but i don't know how to read CUSTOM properties. Succesful read some properties like "title" or "subject" but i need to read some CUSTOM properties.

thanks

Matthias

Posted by: Matthias Leemann
Post date: 11/6/2008 8:13:58 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Matthias,

you should be able to read any properties from the Sharepoint libraries. If the properties haven't been added to the libraries then you have no choice, you'll have to export/download the files.

Are the properties available in Sharepoint? If not, do you require Solid Edge for your work, or are you writing the BOM to a file? If you don't require Solid Edge then I would suggest running a program on the SQL server that extracts the file from the database and then gets the properties through the StructuredStorage API.

Hope this helps

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 11/6/2008 10:58:37 PM