Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing SEDraftX.ocx

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I have a VBA+Excel tool that used the SEDraftX to quickly preview a sketch in a window embedded inside an Excel sheet. I understood that, since ST10 this OCX is deprecated, and will be removed from future releases.

What method would you recommend to replace this feauture? I need to avoid to launch the full SE client, as I want something very fast, and under this point of view the SEDraftX.OCX was perfect.

Would the VMApplication object an alternative, even if the preview will be launched in a separate window? In this case I'm struggling to use it, the examples are of course .Net but I need a VBA vintage version of the code:

Dim objApp As InsightConnect.VMApplication
Set objApp = CreateObject("InsightConnect.VMApplication")

Second line of the code fails with a 429 runtime error. Probably the class string is wrong but I could not find it anywhere. The Excel worksheet has a reference to the View and Markup library, and first line of the code returns no errors, so it shouldn't be a missing reference error.

Any suggestion is welcome, either on how to use the VMApplication obj in VBA or on better way to accomplish same task.

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Replacing SEDraftX.ocx

Experimenter
Experimenter

Find how to remove SEDraftX.ocx . The best solution to fix https://unfitpc.com/sedraftx-ocx error files get  full SEDraftx information and found the missing sedraftX in microsoft that kind of problem may occur you will collect informations on this blog .