Revision Manager very slow in ST3?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

We have an existing app, written in C# which uses the Revision Manager API to open an assembly and generate a list of its components.

However, with ST2 (and previously with ST1 and v20) starting the API was taking under a second, but having now upgraded to ST3 the same call is taking approx 5 seconds - every time!  I have noticed it on my development PC but also our users have noticed it on other PCs as well.

The lines of code which takes the time are as follows. (The second line takes the time!)

RevisionManager.Application pRevMgrApp;

pRevMgrApp = new RevisionManager.Application();

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in speed of the API? - Or even just on the startup of the revision manager?  Or.... any suggestions on what might be causing it?

Thanks,

Chris.

Posted by: chris mann
Post date: 11/29/2010 5:18:12 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Revision Manager very slow in ST3?

[ Edited ]

Chris,

I can confirm what you're seeing.  I used Process Monitor and filtered process name of iCnct.exe just to see what in the hell it was doing that was taking so long.  It's really tough to tell but one thing that caught my eye was 129,099 entries for C:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge ST3\Program\ImplementedCategories.ini.  That seemed a bit inefficient to me but hey, who am I to question ;-).

Revision Manager for ST3 is slower for sure.  Looks like a good PR candidate with GTAC.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 11/29/2010 5:50:02 PM

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Jason! - I'm glad to know I haven't just got things confused at my end!

I'll log a call on GTAC and see what happens.....

Post date: 11/29/2010 10:57:13 PM

[ Edited ]

Well, if anyone needs to know - I logged it and have now had this response back:

It has been determined that this IR requires resolution by our SOLID_EDGE development team. This IR was converted into a problem report (PR) 30-NOV-2010 and is now referenced as PR Number 1821557, with a priority code of 2 Serious.

Post date: 11/30/2010 5:08:54 AM