Revolved Protrusion Error

Guys,

Need some help!! I keep getting this " Internal error: Unable to compute topology information for the sketched profile" when I try to do a revolved protrusion from .net 2003. This is what I am trying to do.... I have a sketch in a draft document on a layer1 and a Centerline on a Centerline Layer. I wrote a code that selects the two layers and opens a Part Document and pastes them and then tires a revolved protrusion...selecting the centerline on the centerline layer as the axis of revolution. So, I get this error when I look at the revolved protrusion. The interesting part is that when I right click the failed protrusion and click edit profile and do nothing and come back the protrusion is done. Please help!!!!

Thanks,

Chinna

Posted by: chinna raju
Post date: 7/25/2011 10:00:24 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Revolved Protrusion Error

I found the solution.

Post date: 7/27/2011 4:04:09 PM

Care to care what that solution is? I am also getting this error with an extruded rectangle that had resolved with no problems originally, but now when I try to adjust the length, it loses everything and gives me the same error.

Posted by: Elliott Jenks
Post date: 12/30/2011 7:55:46 AM

Well, in my case it was a revolved protrusion and I was passing a wrong line as the axis of revolution. I will explain in detail below:

I had a rectangle( all 4 lines on Rect Layer) and a Centerline( on Centerline layer). For my revolved protrusion I was passing one of the lines from the rectangle as the axis of revolution and not the Centerline. Once I fixed that the error was gone. Can post your code so I can take a look and may be help you???

Umctigers.

Post date: 1/3/2012 11:53:14 AM