SEPartX control in Visual Basic 2010 Express

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help. I have been recently trying to add a part control window into a userform however when i select the contol from the com window and go to place the control onto the form Visual Basic crashes I am relatively new to programming so if there is something I am missing then i would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Lee

Posted by: Lee Marshall
Post date: 12/20/2010 12:36:04 AM

5 REPLIES

RE: SEPartX control in Visual Basic 2010 Express

I have just added a SEDraftX control and that seems to work ok. Any ideas?

Post date: 12/20/2010 2:47:43 AM

Hi Again,

does anyone have a clue on the above problem? I have done a few more things but i am still having the same problem. I have tried on Visual Basic Express 2008, uninstalling/reinstalling solid edge and inserting a part viewer control into an excel form and i am still getting random crashes. I have even tried from my work pc which runs xp as opposed to my home machine which runs vista! can anyone else replicate this problem? i have even loaded the most recent solid edge service packs and i am still having no joy! my solid edge version is ST2.

Would really appreciate any feedback. Just to know there is someone else out there if nothing else! :-)

Cheers

Lee

Post date: 1/2/2011 12:58:09 PM

Hi Lee,

for me it crashes also. Windows7 x64, Solid Edge V20, VS 2010 Prof.

In VS2005 no problems but on some Windows 7 computers i can't open/view the files with the control: my application crashed.

Posted by: JR
Post date: 1/4/2011 10:40:14 PM

Thanks JR, i might try VS2005 then, i really need to get the part viewer part of my application up and running. It is very frustrating though as the DraftX control works with no problems.

Post date: 1/10/2011 2:00:36 AM

if I avoid to move the mouse over the control, then VS2010 does not crash (problems with mouse events?). And for my Application i must turn off then Data Execution Prevention

Posted by: JR
Post date: 1/10/2011 3:49:11 AM