My VBA application running on W8.1 64 bit using:
Public objSE_Application As SolidEdgeFramework.Application
Set objSE_Application = GetObject(, "SolidEdge.Application")
is getting error in ST7 on W8.1 64 bit, on the second line, while there is clearly single SE running with assembly file open.
This was working for more than 12 years.
ST7 API help files still shows above code as the valid in VB.
ANy ideas please, this is so important to me.
I can test when I get home but until then, can you install https://solidedgespy.codeplex.com and see if it can connect to the running instance of Solid Edge and reply back with the results?
You might also let us know what the exact error is you're getting.
Thenk to both of you, to me as the Siemens outsider, probably the some of the most important people I know to know!
I had to go with my car to garage, so I took with me my 'home license laptop' with ST7 on W8.1 Pro 64 bit.
I wonder if SE license or operating system has something to do with it, because when I got back to my office from garage and tried the same function on my full node locked license of ST7 with W7 Ultimate, everything was OK.
- My ERP code is the same on both computers
- Compiled on each box
- References are same
- All updates thru the Microsoft done and current.
- Screen Snip of the portion of the code of the function IsSEOpen with the error number and error description
- List of the program file references for W7 (full license) and
- List of the program file references for W8.1 Pro (home license) computer, which gives me the Access error 429, ActiveX component can't create object.
Thenks for help, this is very important for me.
I forgot to add that I quickly downloaded yours Spy, which did see the open SE assembly and displayed the file properties atc.
Laptop which was giving me the error on VB function GetObject(, "SolidEdge.Application"), did not have the Taskbar custom toolbar Solid Edge ST7 shortcut Advanced Property 'Run as Administrator' checked On!
Typical W8 user rights giberish.
Thanks all for the effort.
That is interesting. I have my UAC settings set to "Never Notify" so I guess that's why I never noticed it. I'll play around with the settings to see if I can get a feel for how changing it affects GetObject().
I have my settings as 'Default- Notify' while SE shortcut on the taskbar is not running with Admin privelege. What should I conclude from this, since I did not get the error.
Hello Jason and Tushar,
I have always UAC control down to Never Notify an any computer I use.
As I said earlier, what did stop the error with GetObject(, "SolidEdge.Application") call was to have the the Solid Edge open and running with the Solid Edge shortcut property 'Run as Administrator' set to On.