Save All Colors as Black

Does anyone know of a way to set the Save All Colors as Black property when using the SaveAs method???  Is there a way to set it at all?  I'm looking for a faster way to batch pdf draft files and would love to use the SaveAs method, but I need everything to be black on the pdf.

Posted by: Audrey Alwine
Post date: 12/16/2010 3:07:25 AM

4 REPLIES

RE: Save or Print All Colors as Black

Hi dre263,

PrintOut gives you this option (see sesdk.chm), whereas SaveAs does not. But with PrintOut you can't use the Solid Edge Veloyity PS printer to create PDF. The latter will produce a PostScript file only that has to be processed by Ghostscript to get finally PDF.

But you may convert your color PDFs to black&white PDFs with the help of the (free) ImageMagick tools.

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 12/16/2010 3:21:09 AM

RE: Save All Colors as Black

Wolfgang,

I guess I'm really just looking for the ColorAsBlack option on the SaveAs method.  (I seem to have forgotten what I've coded!)  I'm currently using the PrintOut method to get a postscript file, then converting it, like you mentioned.  It's a bit slow, so I am exploring the SaveAs method as an alternative.  I'll have to check out ImageMagick to convert from color to black and white.  Thanks!

In the mean time, if there's a way to change the property so that I can use SaveAs instead, I'm all ears!

Post date: 12/16/2010 3:39:57 AM

Hi dre263,

Solid Edge ST3 has new options for creating PDF by interactively using SaveAs. Also one for saving all colors as black. Those settings are stored in the registry under the path

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 103\Global

The key names are:

PDF_SAVE_ALL_COLORS_BLACK

PDF_PRINT_ALL_SHEETS

PDF_SAVE_SEPARATE_SHEET_SIZES

This means, once set, they are also used when calling the API SaveAs method. And of course you may set the registry values accordingly before using SaveAs.

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 12/17/2010 12:02:24 AM

Wolfgang,

This is precisely what I was looking for! Thank you!

Post date: 12/17/2010 8:51:25 AM