Select Occurenses using Mouse object

I am using  DISEMouse Object : :AddToLocateFilter Method to filter objects in SE window. I cannot find a constant that will allow me to select Occurencies or SubOccurencies. When I use seLocateFilterConstants::seLocatePart it does not allow to select Occurencies from model tree and if I use seLocateFilterConstants::seLocatePart together with seLocateFilterConstants::seLocateFace SolidEdge do not allow to select any face

8 REPLIES

Re: Select Occurenses using Mouse object

Hi,

did you already try seLo​cateFilterConstants.seLocateBody as supposed in an older thread?

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Kunert - www.wksyspro.de

Hi,

seLocateBody allow to select design body but not an occurence.

seLocatePart is the correct filter value to select occurrences and suboccurrences in an assembly, but make sure that you use seLocateQuickPick as LocateMode, otherwise you won't be able to select all smaller parts

Hello Martin,

I found that seLocatePart allows to select only parts in 3D graphics window. It is not possible to select suboccurences from model feature tree also if seLocatePart turned face filter doen't work.

To allow the selection in ALL windows, you should set the WindowTypes property of the ISEMouse object to 0, but I just recognized that this doesn't actually work!!

You can check this with the MouseEvents application in the Custom folder of Solid Edge. Independent of the WindowTypes setting, SE only allows selection in the graphic window for some versions already.

I will file a PR on that, as this problem already persists for several versions.

Martin, do you have any comments about using seLocateFace together with seLocatePart, now it is look like that seLocateFace ignored if seLocatePart enabled.

[ Edited ]

Yes, I can confirm that behaviour, but I also did not use that combination before.

If you need to select both entities, you may use the seLocateFace filter together with seLocateBody and then obtain the containing occurrence from the reference to the face or body.

I had filed a PR about the impossibility to select occurrences on the pathfinder in custom command and received today the following answer:

"Presently we don't have any selection filter available for locating occurrences in pathfinder. Hence, closing as an Enhancement Request (ER)."

It can be found under ER#7568320.