Selecting and updating part summaryinfo and custom properties of an assembly via c#

Experimenter
Experimenter

We are using insight and I have already made a program that has a tree list of a solid edge BOM based on the active document.

When I select a node of the tree list I want to use the existing information gathered to select or find the summaryinfo and custom properties of the part without having to recurse back through again.

What is the best way to select the summaryinfo and custom properties in c# if you already have a part number? I don't see any methods for selecting an already open assembly part based on part number.

I am reading all part occurences already to build the tree list and can store any additional fields needed in my class, but how do I use that information to quickly go and make changes? seems I am missing an easy way to select a part from the assembly to modify.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Matt

1 REPLY

Re: Selecting and updating part summaryinfo and custom properties of an assembly via c#

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,
you could fill a dictionary with the Part Document ojects, using the file path as key or
build up a dictionary with the indexes of the occurrences in the sub structures to access the document in a few steps.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10