Selecting from the screen

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

I am trying to do the following.

What ever is on the screen (visible) to be placed into a selection set.

Is there some code that someone has for this would be nice.

Jason thanks for pointing me to the spycode program. The person you might be referring to is Paul and he is on vacation.

Teus

Posted by: Teus Streef
Post date: 8/9/2006 3:13:10 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Selecting from the screen

[ Edited ]

Teus,

Adding items to the select set is easy. The thing I'm stuck on is your "Whatever is on the screen (visible)" comment. 1st I'm not sure I totally understand what that means and 2nd I'm not sure how you could even determine if a part is on the screen. If you can get the 1st question answered, I may be able to get the 2nd one.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 8/9/2006 5:19:39 AM

[ Edited ]

I guess what I am trying to do is capture all visible parts in an assembly into a selection set. Just like when you use the "Select Visible Parts" command on the ribbon bar, but I cannot find that startcommand code.

Thanks for a quick reply Jason.

Posted by: Teus Streef
Post date: 8/9/2006 5:23:58 AM

[ Edited ]

Ok I see now. It's all wrapped into the AssemblyAssemblyToolsSelect command. Yeah, the ribbon bar stuff has a custom implementation so we can't invoke it directly via a command which means unless we can find an easy API method we'd have to do some fancy code to determine if the model is within the view. I'll see what I can dig up. No promises though.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 8/9/2006 5:35:01 AM