Selecting of occurrences through the structure

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm solving problem how to select occurrence using selectset (optionally highlight by highlightset) through some complicated structure. I have no problem to select any occurrence on whatever level if the active document is the top most document (using references). Problem starts when I would like to select (highlight) occurrence located in the document that doesn't lie under the actually edited document. Example:

Lets imagine structure:

TopDoc.asm

Doc.asm:1

Occ1.par:1

Doc2.asm:1

Occ2.par:1

I'm editing Doc2.asm:1 (it is being in-place activated). Now I need to add "Occ1.par:1" to SelectSet. I'm able to add the created references (of Occ1.par:1) to the SelectSet collection of TopDoc but in this case the selection is not visible. In the case when I try to add the created reference to the Active SelectSet (select set of the in-place activated document) it fails. I found that the reference object has different structure than an reference obtained from API when I select the part manually. I suppose that there are some limitation in SE API, but maybe somebody will know the solution....   

Thanks

Tomas V.

Posted by: Tomas Vana
Post date: 3/2/2011 7:25:49 PM

1 REPLY

RE: Selecting of occurrences through the structure

[ Edited ]

Based on my IR request, the selection will be possible in ST3 MP5.

Posted by: Tomas Vana
Post date: 4/26/2011 12:57:12 AM