Server Busy error when starting solid Edge

Hi,

I developed a .NET Add-in for Solid Edge. Every thing seems to be good, but when I start Solid Edge (for the first time after starting my PC) i get a message of Server busy error :

[b]Server Busy

This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem.[/b]

I googled this issue and I found that it is linked to different softwares, and the common point is Windows OS.

1- Does anyone have any idea about this error ? is it an internal error in Solid edge or Windows OS? or is it because of my add-in, a problem of timing between the initialization of my Add-in and Solid Edge starting ??

2- I found [b]SetOLEServerBusyTimeout [/b]method in Solid Edge framework application object that sets the OLEServerBusyTimeout to a X milliseconds given as a parameter:

[b]myApplication = Application

myApplication.SetOLEServerBusyTimeout(nbrMSec)[/b]

I defined it in onConnection() Method of my Add-in class.

Even if i'm increasing the number of milliseconds i still have the same problem!

Any idea about this method ? how can i use it and where should be used ? and is it the right solution Server busy problem ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards,

T.

Posted by: Tamer EL BAKKALI
Post date: 3/19/2013 4:57:33 AM

1 REPLY

Server Busy error when starting solid Edge

Tamer,

You shouldn't have to be messing with SetOLEServerBusyTimeout() from an addin I wouldn't think. It's so tough to guess what the problem is without seeing your code. If you can .zip your solution and reply with it as an attachment, I'd be happy to look at it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 3/24/2013 11:22:14 PM