Show/Hide specific Occurrences in an Assembly.asm File

I am driving an animation of a Solid Edge Assembly file using Visual Basic driven by an Excel Spreadsheet.  I need the ability to hide or show very specific occurrences of the first level of the BOM from time to time.  I may have 5 occurrences of an Component1.asm in an assembly file.  Is there a way to grab the Placement Name of the third instance, ie: Component1.asm:3, of the top level and choose to show or not show it?

I have a working animation where I am driving variables inside Solid Edge to produce motion, but I am having trouble trying to show or hide very specific components at specific animation movement locations.  

Example: Simple assembly file structure.

Project.asm

Component1.asm:1

Component1.asm:2

Par1.par:1

Par2.par:1

Component1.asm:3   <==  Hide this one

Par1.par:2

Component1.asm:4

Thanks

Don

1 REPLY

Re: Show/Hide specific Occurrences in an Assembly.asm File

[ Edited ]

Don_E wrote:

I am driving an animation of a Solid Edge Assembly file using Visual Basic driven by an Excel Spreadsheet.  I need the ability to hide or show very specific occurrences of the first level of the BOM from time to time.  I may have 5 occurrences of an Component1.asm in an assembly file.  Is there a way to grab the Placement Name of the third instance, ie: Component1.asm:3, of the top level and choose to show or not show it?

I have a working animation where I am driving variables inside Solid Edge to produce motion, but I am having trouble trying to show or hide very specific components at specific animation movement locations.  

Example: Simple assembly file structure.

Project.asm

Component1.asm:1

Component1.asm:2

Par1.par:1

Par2.par:1

Component1.asm:3   <==  Hide this one

Par1.par:2

Component1.asm:4

Thanks

Don

You should be able to use the Name property on the Assembly Occurrence object:

Dim Occurrence as SolidEdgeAssembly.Occurrence

Dim Name as String

'get the occurrence somehow

Name = Occurrence.Name

This is just a rough little snippet, but should show at least the basics to get the name.

Hope this helps,

Greg