Solid Edge Add-in example in C#

[ Edited ]

Hello Jason,

Have you any example project of Solid Edge Add-in written in C#?

Thank you.

-Amit

Posted by: Amit Wadekar
Post date: 3/2/2011 12:45:20 AM

9 REPLIES

RE: Solid Edge Add-in example in C#

[ Edited ]

Hi Jason,

Please tell me how to pass arguments for SetAddInInfo() Method in C#? Also if you have example  project in C# of ISolidEdgeCommandBarplease send me. Thanks in advance.

-Amit

Post date: 3/8/2011 1:41:24 AM

[ Edited ]

Amit,

I'm in the middle of a system rebuild due to a drive crash. I haven't forgotten about you and will try to find you an example as soon as I can get my stuff set back up.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 3/8/2011 6:10:04 PM

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply.I'll wait for your stuff.

-Amit

Post date: 3/8/2011 9:55:08 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Jason,

I just found some stuff downloaded from your website.Now I can create SE addin in C#.

I have one query.When I run the code,I can see addin option/command bar button in various environment.But when I registered Addin DLL using regasm  command,I could see name of add-in in Add-In Manager but unable to see addin option/command bar button in various environment.Can you help me for this problem?

Also can u give example project in which ISolidEdgeCommandBar interface is used?

Thank you very much.

-Amit

Post date: 3/8/2011 11:39:18 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Jason,

Can u tell me how to build SE add-in in C# in 64 bit machine.Is there any additional project settings requires for this?What is the automatic registration procedure for 64 bit Add-in?Thank you.

-Amit

Post date: 3/10/2011 3:47:25 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi Jason and R.D. Holland,

Have you any example project in C# in which ISolidEdgeCommandBar interface is used?.I have similar example in VC++(SDK\Samples\Addins\VC).If you have similar example in C#,it will be helpful for me.

Thank you.

-Amit

Post date: 3/14/2011 2:16:11 AM

[ Edited ]

Amit,

You need to contact GTAC with this request. I can tell you that this API is very C++ friendly but that's where the friendliness stops. You would have to jump through a lot of hoops to get this to work from .NET. Not impossible but a lot of work.

Regarding your various issues that you've asked about, I quit answering pure .NET addin questions several years ago. While not impossible to accomplish, they are more trouble than they are worth in my opinion. From a development point of view and from a quality point of view. I can't help you because I don't create addins the way you're trying to do anymore. My shim approach is the only approach that I use. I see where RD updated the SDK examples in ST3 and I also noticed some of his comments referencing me personally and the fact that he's starting to see my point about all of this. Besides all of the trouble it is to make work, it is not a robust solution and trouble prone for various reasons. So much so that I can't even make myself discuss it with people anymore because I so sincerely disapprove of it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 3/14/2011 7:53:55 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Jason

Thank you very much for your reply.

-Amit

Post date: 3/20/2011 9:25:31 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Jason,