Solid Edge Addin Wizard for VS.net 2010

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I need some Help.

Is it possible to install the Solid Edge Addin Wizard in VS.net 2010

Or is it planned to Convert this to 2010 ??

Or have someone for me a Template with one Ribbon and one Edgebar Tab ???

As Language i think C# is very cool, but C++ is OK.

Thanks and Regards

Steven

Posted by: Stephan Mensing
Post date: 2/3/2012 5:52:05 AM

2 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Addin Wizard for VS.net 2010

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Steven,

I have not made a formal announcement yet but things are changing around here with a focus on my products. To answer your question, I do plan on having templates available for VS 2008 & 2010. No ETA right now but they are coming.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 2/15/2012 3:25:22 PM

Re: Solid Edge Addin Wizard for VS.net 2010

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Lucky contestant! You have been chose to try out a new wizard that should ship with ST4.

Unzip the file to some permanent directory. You can name it VS2010_SolidEdge_VC_Addin_Wizard. Then open the .vsz file and change the ABSOLUTE_PATH variable to point to your directory. Then run the bat file to copy the .ico, .vsz and .vsdir files to your Visual Studio 2010 installation (I hope you have 2010!).

Then startup VS2010 and go to file\new projects. Look under Visual C++. You should se the wizard. Generate a project (choose the docking pane option for "edge bar" support).

The path to the sdk\include direcotry is no longer required as the wizard generates a "secatids.h" file. However you will still have top go to the project settings for the project and select "Configuration Properties\VC++ Directories". Then for "Include Directories", add the path to the Solid Edge program directory. This allows VS to find the Solid Edge type libraries included in stdafx.h. Failure to do this will result in build errors.

Posted by: R.D. Holland
Post date: 2/27/2012 10:45:04 AM