Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge Addin Wizard for Visual C++ 2008

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

All,

I have updated the installer for my addin wizard (C++) to work with Visual Studio 2008.  I have not revisited the actual code that the wizard produces so you may have to deal a few issues.  I tried it on my machine and it compiled and executed seemingly ok.

You can find the updated download in Downloads -> Solid Edge Addin Wizard (you must be logged in).

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/7/2010 11:43:12 PM

7 REPLIES

RE: Solid Edge Addin Wizard for Visual C++ 2008

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I tried to create a project using this macro, and I get errors. The first one is "Automation server can't create object" then I get an empty message box. Is there any requirements to use the macro?

Nevermind. Last week something uninstalled every application off of my system (rogue uninstaller of a beta project) and I hadn't reinstalled Solidedge yet.

Posted by: Raymond Sanders
Post date: 9/22/2010 4:45:25 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That would do it for sure. The wizard uses the SEInstallData API to determine the path to the Solid Edge type libraries. You do bring up a good point though in that the wizard could handle the error better. Thanks for the feedback.

Post date: 9/22/2010 5:21:47 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jason Newell

I create a addin using this addin wizard, when I build a debug version, all is right, but when I build a release version, the buttons of this add can't use, I dont't know this is why, can you help me? thanks.

Posted by: Jason Wang
Post date: 9/28/2010 11:02:41 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There is a bug in the code that gets generated.  It is the only bug that I am aware of to date and only appears in Release builds.  Open EventManager.h and navigate to the CEventHandlerBase class.

ChangeHRESULT Connect(IUnknown* pUnk) { HRESULT hr; assert(SUCCEEDED(hr = AtlAdvise(pUnk, this, *piidEvents, &m_dwAdvise))); return hr; }

HRESULT Disconnect(IUnknown* pUnk) { HRESULT hr; assert(SUCCEEDED(hr = AtlUnadvise(pUnk, *piidEvents, m_dwAdvise))); return hr; }

toHRESULT Connect(IUnknown* pUnk) { HRESULT hr = AtlAdvise(pUnk, this, *piidEvents, &m_dwAdvise); return hr; }

HRESULT Disconnect(IUnknown* pUnk) { HRESULT hr = AtlUnadvise(pUnk, *piidEvents, m_dwAdvise); return hr; }

Sorry for the trouble.

Post date: 9/29/2010 7:48:51 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you very much! All is OK when I modified.

Posted by: Jason Wang
Post date: 9/29/2010 4:00:48 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Jason,

I can't see the it in "Downloads -> Solid Edge Addin Wizard". Under "Downloads" folder, there are only "Solid Edge Spy" and "PowerToys for Solid Edge". What's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Posted by: Jonathan Zhang
Post date: 1/11/2011 6:40:29 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Misplaced during my last upgrade.  It has been added back.

Post date: 1/11/2011 7:14:54 PM