Solid Edge ST MP7

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I saw the following line in the read me for Maintainence Pack 7 for STSmiley TongueR 1681758: Added additional support for adding multiple tabs and groups on a tab of the command ribbon, added support for check and radio buttons

Does anyone have any more details or an example?

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 6/15/2009 12:05:35 AM

4 REPLIES

RE: Solid Edge ST MP7

[ Edited ]

Hi Calum,

it was a PR I submitted to Siemens.

More info here, but I'm waiting for ST2, probabily there is more info there.

Regards

Massimo

------------------------------Dear Massimo, Reference: PR Number 1718562  Siemens PLM believes that the problem you reported about needing API support for UI in Solid Edge ST will be resolved by code changes made to the upcoming release of our software Solid Edge ST MP7. Enhancements to the addin APIs have been made to support an addin adding multiple tabs by supporting multiple SetAddinInfo(Ex) calls (the addin still has to prepend "\n" to its description/registry entry) where the input category string can be the same as a previous call or different. If the category name has already been passed into edge in a previous call, the input command information is added to the category (this can be useful when varying the size of the images on the ribbon). If the category name is unique, a new tab will be created to contain the commands created by the call. Multiple group support has been added by allowing the command bar name passed into AddCommandBarButton to contain a category name (previously input via theSetAddinInfo(Ex) call) and command bar name with the two separated by "\n".After adding a command bar button, the returned button API's "Style" property has been enhanced to support four new styles. The new styles are as follows: seButtonIconAndCaptionBelow - necessary to support a large image (the image can also be an alpha-based image). Large image size is 32X32. Failure to set this style will cause the large image to be resized down to 16X16 with potentially undesirable results. The command and image data are set via a call to SetAddinInfo(Ex). Large and small images can reside in the same ribbon group as the multiple calls to SetAddinInfo(Ex) can now be made using the same category string. seCheckButton - Used to create a check button in a command ribbon group. It is up to the add-in to maintain the checked state of the button. This can be done via the OnCommandUpdateUI event by adding SolidEdgeConstants::seCmdActive_Checked to the command flags argument of the event. Of course when the user clicks the butt In the unlikely event that this does not resolve the problem or if you have further questions or comments on this subject, please contact the Global Technical Access Center (at 1-800-955-0000 or 1-714-952-5444) so that we can help address the issue. Sincerely, The Global Technical Access Center Team 

Posted by: Massimo Magris
Post date: 6/15/2009 12:38:07 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi Massimo,

thanks for the info - I'll check it out the next time I have to upgrade to or create an add-in for ST. I've been hoping they would give us access to this.

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 6/15/2009 1:00:22 AM

[ Edited ]

I uploaded a sample add-in that demonstrates this today. See the "asmloc.zip" attachment - http://www.jasonnewell.net/Forums/tabid/55/forumid/1/postid/3381/view/topic/Default.aspx

Posted by: R.D. Holland
Post date: 8/14/2009 10:35:32 AM

[ Edited ]

Thanks R.D.

I have downloaded the example - I'll have a look at it as soon as my current project is finished and I can uninstall V20.

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 8/17/2009 9:31:04 PM