Solid Edge ST Ribbon Menu Addin

[ Edited ]

I am trying to add some items to the Solid Edge St Ribbon menu.  I would like to have the items show up on their own tab if possible.  I would rather not have them show in an addin tab, if possible.  I am trying to do this with vb.net or c#.net.  Does anyone have an example addin I could use to figure out how to do this?

Posted by: Kevin Haen
Post date: 8/4/2009 6:57:17 AM

1 REPLY

RE: Solid Edge ST Ribbon Menu Addin

[ Edited ]

Easiest way is to precede your description with "\n". You can do this in the registry entry or by putting the description using the addin object (API) passed into the connection method Edge calls when it starts your add-in (but you still have to precede your description string passed in with \n)

ps: Starting with ST2 (and backported to ST1 MP7 I believe), an add-in can add multiple tabs and multiple groups per tab. Also added is support for radio and check buttons in a group and large icons (including png based images). A C++ sample add-in delivered with ST2 demonstrates the capability. I'm attaching the sample in case you are interested. There are a couple of utility functions in utils.cpp that are useful for detecting exactly what enhancements are present based on the version of Edge you run with.

Posted by: R.D. Holland
Post date: 8/14/2009 9:52:04 AM