Solid Edge ST - some issues????

Hi All,

I was using SE v20 till last month & have now installed SE ST on my system. I have couple of issues that need to be sorted.

1) Through SE programmimg i am opening a .ASM file & updating some parts and assembly file.

Every file is already created in SE v20 and i am just opening them in ST (using SolidEdgeAssembly.AssemblyDocument & SolidEdgePart.PartDocument) doing some changes and closing back. When i try to open it manually with SE v20 it just gives me the error as follows:

"Cannot open file.  Make sure the file is the correct type and version for the application and that you have read access."

Does anybody experienced it already? I dont think i am doing anything wrong in programming. Please comment on this.

2) I dont have any idea about this but is there any setting to be done to set the default printer for ST. Actually i am converting .dft into .pdf...doing this it sends the command to printer automatically. But somehow it is not working properly. Any idea on this?

Thanks.

Posted by: Prasad Pawar
Post date: 9/15/2009 6:43:38 PM

4 REPLIES

RE: Solid Edge ST - some issues????

Parsad,

To answer question #1, when you open and save a file in Solid Edge, the file get saved into that versions format and you cannot go back a version. So you openend\saved the files in ST (V100) and now cannot open the files in prior versions.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/15/2009 6:49:51 PM

Thanks for your quick reply.

But i am opening that file into the Traditional profile and not the synchronous one.

Post date: 9/15/2009 7:21:32 PM

Doesn't matter Prasad. Solid Edge has never supported backwards compatibility between versions of Solid Edge. Once you open a file and save it in the newer version, you can never go back.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/15/2009 7:38:17 PM

thanks once again for the information given.

Any idea about the issue #2 ?

Post date: 9/15/2009 7:46:24 PM