Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: Solid Edge Spy v3 (Teaser)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Martin,

Thanks so much for the suggestion.  I see your point and I agree.  For properties that have parameters, I can present you with a popup menu or something that will allow you to select, in this case, one of the FeatureTopologyQueryTypeConstants.

[id(0x00000035), propget, helpstring("Returns a collection of faces of a specified type that belong to a model, a feature, or a topology object."), helpcontext(0x00004e23)]IDispatch* Faces([in] FeatureTopologyQueryTypeConstants FaceType);

Great suggestion.  Keep them coming!

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 12/9/2010 6:26:37 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Martin, I remember downloading a COM browser just like the one you took a screenshot of.Now, time has passed and I cannot remember where I got it from. Can you help me out?TIA-Tony K

Posted by: T Kin
Post date: 12/16/2010 1:01:42 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was once posting an older version to the solid_edge.binaries newsgroup. I think it was for you

Just search for "COM Browser" in the binaries group and you will find it...

Posted by: Martin Bernhard
Post date: 12/16/2010 2:58:36 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the newsgroups so I cannot access the Com Browser you are talking about.Is the exe posted somewhere else?

Post date: 1/8/2011 3:23:35 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It's attached here...

No longer attached. See newest version some posts below...

Post date: 1/9/2011 10:20:01 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Martin, I do have one question though.This COM Browser doesn't seem to work with other software, is there a reason for that?I'm trying to interface with SolidWorks and it gives me an error: "Element not found."Any ideas?

Post date: 1/13/2011 12:40:44 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I remember having it tried once with SW too, and it failed like for you. Not sure, if it was the hard-coded stuff I implemented for SE, as at that time I was using it on another one's computer where I could not debug the code.

In the latest version I just don't call the SE specific methods, if the COM Browser does not connect to SE and am doing only generic COM stuff. Try this new version, maybe it works better. Unfortunately, or luckily , I don't have a SW license to test it.

Post date: 1/13/2011 2:55:11 AM