Solid Edge University 2015 - Developer Day

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Solid Edge University 2015 has been announced and will be October 26 - 28, 2015 in Cincinnati, Ohio. You can stay up to date with news about the event by joining the mailing list.

The Developer Day is typically the day before the event and is a great opportunity for you to get some one-on-one time with people like myself. As a group, the presenters typically have a wide range of experience and expertise. The challange for us is to guess what you would like us to speak about. If you are planning on attending, you can help us develop an agenda by responding to this post and letting us know what topics you are interested in. I would also be happy to answer any other questions you may have about the event.

p.s. We are always looking for new presenter. If you're interested, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net
8 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge University 2015 - Developer Day

Jason,

as one who is still learning and who has attended Developer Days in the past...

I think it would be neat to decide ahead of time on a project we believe would be useful for many and could be completed in the allotted time.

I would like to see a project created from conception thru deployment.  Anyone in attendance and interested could work on subs while the presenter works on the overall GUI and pulls all the subs together into the main....

This would give some an opportunity to contribute, others an opportunity to sit back and watch and in real time will bring up problems like struggling to find properties or methods within the api, that as a group we can attack. 

This would allow us real experience in a situation of "I want to do XYZ"   someone like yourself could show us how you use the samples for Solid Edge on CodePlex to find "XYZ" examples and then use this newly learned example of "XYZ" in real time toward the project.

due to time i think this would need to be an all day event with little to no formal presentation...  the learning would take place as it comes up during the creation of the project.   hopefully there are enough skilled coders that as one user needs to understand at a deeper level someone can break off with them as the group continues toward the completion on the project..  and throughout the day we just learn as a group thru this one shared experience... and once done we share the source code will all...

just my 2cents.

Solution Partner Phenom

Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely a different approach to years past but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

I can't reiterate enough, if you plan on attending and want your voice heard, reply to this thread and help us develop a useful agenda. When planning begins, I will be taking all replies to the meeting.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Solution Partner Phenom

Just a heads up for everyone. Planning for SEU15 has started. If you have input, we need to hear it ASAP.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

<BUMP>

If you are reading this, then you are intensionally in the SE Developers forum!!!Robot LOL

Do you plan on attending SEU15? YES or NO (why or why not?)

Do you plan to attend Developers day at SEU15? YES or NO (why or why not?)

What do YOU want to see, discuss, learn, etc at SEUE15 Developer Day? please be as specfic as possible

Please chime in even if you are not attending...  Any and all ideas of topics are important.

Some of us newer to programing simply dont know what we do not know yet so its honestly hard to ask for what we do not know exsists yet.  there are method that more advanced programmers use that would benifit the new guys...

Jason,

I have another suggest.  Maybe not very Solid Edge specfic but "Error Handeling" in general.

how can i give users a better feedback on errors at runtime... and even understand better myself during bebugging.

Phenom
Phenom

It will be a dream come true to be able to attend the SEU this year or in future (may God help me keep the spark on).

For the reason: would like to borrow @SeanCresswell 's sweet phrase 'can't grow enough coinage' to quite make to the event this year.

Since we have had fair enough article, leaning resource and stuff for 'regular' SE programming, my wishlist would be more focus on creating Addins and more examples and source code samples, articles, demos, Dos and Don'ts for Sold Edge Addins. They make small and big apps look professional and also easy to use.

Even after Jason having poured in plenty about Addins over the years, templates and all the good stuff; this still remains my top preference item to learn about more in the up coming events.

Yes, Error handling is also a good area to explore and learn more, especially when every one develop their own unique styles and logic to error handling, something more deeper as well as unique to Solid Edge in error handling would be definitely a great area to improve upon.

~Tushar Suradkar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Solution Partner Phenom

If you attend my sessions, you'll have the opportunity to ask me to demonstrate or discuss any topic ;-). Knowing what people want to hear ahead of time gives me the opportunity to prepare so thanks for sharing what you need help with.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Solution Partner Phenom

The Developer Day Agenda has been published. Thanks to Matt's input, we have changed things up a bit this year. The advanced sessions that I lead are now roundtable style. That means that we can basically talk about any topic. Hope to see you all there!

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net