SolidEdge Addin Wizard Help

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some help with the the add-in wizard. 

I have edited some of the code so that when the button is pressed my application is run instead of the code that Jason provides, however I'm having trouble with the click options.

The wizard is setup from default to display information after both clicking the button then clicking the screen hence when I run my version of the button, my application only runs after clicking the screen. However I want my application to commence immediately after clicking the button. I have tried finding the code to change this but I'm really struggling.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted by: Lawrence Tait
Post date: 5/3/2011 12:28:24 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: SolidEdge Addin Wizard Help

[ Edited ]

I assume you're talking about the C++ templates. Either way, you'll need to search the code for the AddInEvents OnCommand event implementation.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 5/3/2011 10:59:57 PM

[ Edited ]

Thanks Jason.

Another quick query was if I build my add-in using Solid Edge V20, how do ensure that this will work in ST1,2 or 3? Is it better to build in an ST version of Solid Edge then have backward compatibilty for use in V20 also?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Lawrence Tait
Post date: 5/4/2011 2:08:43 AM

[ Edited ]

Be sure and read %PROGRAMFILES%\Solid Edge XX\SDK\Samples\Addins\Doc\addin.doc. There is a wealth of information in that document. Also spend time looking at the example addin in %PROGRAMFILES%\Solid Edge XX\SDK\Samples\Addins\VC. RD puts a ton of notes in the source code there and gives examples on how to code for specific versions of Solid Edge. Generally speaking, when you write an addin for something like V20, it "should" carry forward to newer versions. They try very hard not to break existing functionality. Your addin just won't access to the "new" stuff unless you specifically code for it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 5/5/2011 12:09:20 PM