SolidEdge ST3 Addin

[ Edited ]

Hello All

I have created a macro for generating excel report on Draft Properties. But now I need to this on an addin. Is it possible to open a Window form on clicking the addin button? If yes how? If no then how can i convert macro to addin??

Please help me by providing your suggestions and sample codes

Thank You

Posted by: Shruthi M
Post date: 6/1/2012 5:08:18 AM

5 REPLIES

Re: SolidEdge ST3 Addin

[ Edited ]

Not clear to me what you mean. Can you explain a bit more?

One can add a macro to the Solid Edge UI using customization. And also toolbar automation. See the tooblar sample in the sdk. It shows how to create a toolbar, add a button and respond to the button click event on the button and it also shows how to add a macro (notepad.exe), which does not rely on the automation client to remain around to react to the click event.

And yes you can create an add-in and add a button to the UI that when clicked, the add-in can respond to. You can toss up your form when the add-in OnCommand event is raised.

Posted by: R.D. Holland
Post date: 6/1/2012 5:01:51 PM

[ Edited ]

I know how to add a button and assign a macro but i want to toss up my form when the add-in OnCommand event is raised. but I don't know how to do that. I am new to the add-ins. Can you please help me out in this??

Thank You

Post date: 6/3/2012 10:02:47 PM

[ Edited ]

Thank you My issue is resolved.

How to add two or more buttons on the ribbon bar?

Post date: 6/5/2012 3:30:30 AM

[ Edited ]

My code is in VB.Net. I am able to add a button to the add-in using VB.Net sample provided in SDK\Samples\Addins\Vb.net. But I need to add two or more buttons to the same add-in.

Can you please help me out with this by providing sample code?

Thank You

Post date: 6/5/2012 10:30:27 PM

[ Edited ]

Thank You very much for your valuable reply.It was of great use for my project Smiley Happy

Post date: 6/7/2012 3:33:25 AM