SolidEdge Type Library

In using the project wizard for Visual Studio 6 included with SE V19 I seem to have created a dependency on the SE install point on my local machine. So now if I move the project to a machine without SE the build will fail. It seems the only way to tell VS where to find the TLB's is to add the dir to the PATH variable in the windows environment. Is there a better way to do this?

Posted by: Adam Brenneis
Post date: 2/2/2007 8:52:23 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: SolidEdge Type Library

So now if I move the project to a machine without SE the build will fail.

You cannot build the solution on a machine that does not have Solid Edge installed. The COM Type Libs must be present and registered on the dev machine.

It seems the only way to tell VS where to find the TLB's is to add the dir to the PATH variable in the windows environment. Is there a better way to do this?

There are project settings where you can specify the paths. I don't have VC++ 6 so the screens will be a bit different but check out the attached document to view my settings. The path will vary depending on your version of Solid Edge.

Once the .dll is built and deployed to a client machine, the paths are irrelevant.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 2/2/2007 9:07:29 AM

RE: SolidEdge Type Library

I thought I saw an article on msdn stating that the VS project include paths cannot be used to specify the location of the TLB's, but I can't find it again now. I have tried adding the directory to both the include path and the link path (just for kicks) with no results. Perhaps this is something they fixed with the .NET versions?

I've copied the TLB's out to an accessible directory and added that directory to the builder's PATH. This seems to allow the compiling machine to not have SE actually installed. Although, I haven't had a chance to try the binaries produced, at least it's compiling successfully.

Posted by: Adam Brenneis
Post date: 2/5/2007 3:50:44 AM