StartCommand doesn't work on windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I have solid edge installed under windows Xp and windows 7 and the same line

Call objApp.StartCommand(PartCommandConstants.PartViewISOView)

Works under windows Xp but doesn't work under windows 7.

Sameone know why?

Is there a replacement command to use?

Regards,

Mariano

Posted by: Mariano Spini
Post date: 10/12/2010 4:24:49 PM

3 REPLIES

RE: StartCommand doesn't work on windows 7

[ Edited ]

I don't know why StartCommand doesn't work but you could try sending a Ctrl-I with Sendkeys

It's a little dirty but i don't know any other way

regards,

Julian

Posted by: Julian Guillo
Post date: 10/13/2010 2:22:26 AM

RE: StartCommand doesn't work on windows 7

[ Edited ]

Do you have an example code to try?

Regards,

Posted by: Mariano Spini
Post date: 10/14/2010 5:16:16 PM

Re: StartCommand doesn't work on windows 7

[ Edited ]

This should display the PATH environment variable. In particular, it should have the directories C:\Windows\system32 and C:\Windows in it. If it doesn't, this is your problem.

To fix it, do this:

1. Right-click Computer and select Properties.
2. Click the Advanced system settings link on the left.
3. Click the Environment variables button.
4. Find Path in the System variables list box and click the Edit button.
5. Add those two directories, separated by a semicolon and terminated by a semicolon, at the front of the path environment variable.
6. OK out of everything.

1. Click the Start orb on your Desktop
2. In the Start Search box. Type msconfig, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Click the General tab.
3. Click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.
4. When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.
Hope this helps to identify the problem.

Boot from this drive and, after a while, you are asked to select the keyboard input method that you prefer. Select the desired language for the keyboard and click Next.Then, the repair disc scans the operating systems that are available on your computer and lists them. Select Windows 7 and click Next.If you have multiple user accounts on your computer, you are asked to select a user name and then type the password for it. Do so and click OK.The System Recovery Options window is now loaded. Click Command Prompt.The Command Prompt is shown and you can use it for troubleshooting purposes.Another way to start the Command Prompt when Windows 7 won't boot is to use a Windows 7 installation disc. Boot from it and once the installation loads, select the language that you want to use and click Next.Then, click Repair your computer.The System Recovery Options window is now loaded. Click Command Prompt.