Status Changer

Hi Jason!

You made a while ago a routine called Status Changer. I have to change a lot of files, but your fine piece of work does not allow to open more then one file at a time.

Also, it does not keep track of the last path you were working from. So for each file, you have to find your path, then open it.

By any chance would you have a newer version that allows this kind of perfomrance?

Thanks for your presence in the Solid Edge community.

Marc Stringer

Posted by: Marc Stringer
Post date: 6/20/2006 2:11:48 AM

6 REPLIES

RE: Status Changer

I did a little more to find that it can only take 8 files at a time...

Post date: 6/20/2006 3:08:37 AM

Marc,

When changing the files in a batch mode, would you be setting the whole batch to the same status?

How do you want to select the files. Individually or would you like to select a whole folder?

I'll see what I can whip up after I get your answers.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 6/22/2006 5:31:48 AM

For now, the things I really need are:

1- Be able to select more then 8 files at once (whatever directories they are in), or a complete directory(which is less probable to happen in my case)

2- That when I open another set of files, that it remembers the last directory I was in.

3- When selecting (by error) files that are not compatible (other than dft, psm, par & asm) just discard them but open the valid ones.

What I have done for now is change all the files to the same status, i.e. available. There are hundreds of file in the same directory, but I only want to select a few of them, but more than 8.

Try it yourself: put 18 files in a directory and try to select them all. You'll see immediatelt what I mean.

Hope this clears the matter.

Regards,

Marc Stringer

Post date: 6/22/2006 5:47:58 AM

Marc,

I'm actually in a concept phase of a suite of products that I'd like to develop. One of the products is a Windows Explorer Shell Extension to be dubbed "PowerToys for Solid Edge". One of it's features would be the ability to right click in Explorer and have the "PowerToys for Solid Edge" listed in the menu, sorta like WinZip. Once you expand the menu, you would have menu choice to do various things like, change status. You will also get that menu option on a folder right click.

Just curious if you think something like this would be more useful than a standalone application. It certainly "feels" more integrated to me. If you're interested I can put together a small demo.

Post date: 7/18/2006 2:43:40 AM

I was wondering what happened to this post.  I have a situation now where I have around 16000 solid edge files that I need to change the status of, and a batch status changer would be a huge time saver.

Daron

Posted by: Daron Callahan
Post date: 12/12/2007 9:52:28 AM

Daron,

This functionality has been implemented in PowerToys for Solid Edge. You can download it here. After you download it and begin the install, there will be a checkbox during the install to enable this feature. Once installed, you can simply right click in Windows Explorer to change status.

Post date: 12/12/2007 10:06:13 AM