Supress

[ Edited ]

Dear All

I have a part file.

Contain a few objects made by revolve feature.

I need to supress certain features on certain occassions .

Can anybody tell how to use supress command through VB

Regards

Ali

Posted by: ali kamran
Post date: 1/15/2009 12:30:14 AM

5 REPLIES

RE: Supress

[ Edited ]

Ali,

You need to download and install my free Solid Edge Spy if you have not done so already.  It will help you easily solve these kinds of problems.  I literally solved your quesiton in 1 minute using Solid Edge Spy.  Here's what I did.Selected the feature in Solid Edge via PathFinder.Opened Solid Edge Spy and navigated to Application->ActiveSelectSet->Items to see what kind of object that I would be dealing with.Selected the specific item (ExtrudedCutout)In the properties window of Solid Edge Spy, I saw the "Supress" property.  Changed it to false and verified in Solid Edge that it was indeed supressed

At that point, all I had to do was find where the object lived in the COM objects.  I found it in Application->ActiveDocument->Models->Item(1)->Features->Item(x).   Once you have a reference to the object you can change its Supress property.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 1/15/2009 10:49:34 AM

[ Edited ]

Dear Jason

I got solid edge spy .i run SEand then SE spy

now what happens it runs outlook ....and says no new profile created to creat profile go to control panel,,,,msg remains pressed ok but it remains

dont know wats the problem

regards

ali

Post date: 1/16/2009 12:58:48 AM

[ Edited ]

That's normal. Solid Edge has email integration so as Solid Edge Spy is interrogating the objects for information that message comes up from your defaul mail client if you have not created a mail profile. Should be simple enough to just click throught the wizard. You don't have to setup an actual email account, just a profile.

Post date: 1/18/2009 12:42:40 AM

[ Edited ]

object explorer is working...

process explorer gives error......

Post date: 1/19/2009 10:11:09 PM

[ Edited ]

Ali,

Sorry for the touble with the beta. Try the non-beta version. It's proven to be very robust.

Post date: 1/20/2009 7:35:52 AM