Surface creation using the API ?

Hi,

I'm very new to SolidEdge, and hopefully I'm not asking an obvious question, but here it is anyway:

Is there a way to programmatically create NURBS surfaces in  a SolidEdge part using the API ? Up to now, I've relied on an intermediate STEP file to get surface data into SolidEdge, but I would really prefer creating surfaces directly through the API instead of relying on STEP data... Is there an example of that somewhere ? I've looked around quite a bit and could not find anything.

While I'm at it, importing STEP surface data to SolidEdge and "inspecting" the result with some test app I created, I am able to loop through all faces - and the are indeed BSplineSurface instances, but querying on the number of U/V values, I get strange results and varying results from one face to the other  (for example 47 and 62)- I would have expected those to match the number of U/V values in the surface from which the STEP file originates, namely 8 and 8.. Is there an explanation for this ?

Thanks for any comment on this

Jean-Marc Langlois

1 REPLY

Re: Surface creation using the API ?

Hi LMLanglois,

There is no direct access to the parasolid create functions. You  can old use the solid edge surface elements, as in the user interface, to add faces.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10