Thanks for your Solid Edge code samples

[ Edited ]

Jason,

i'd like to thank you for your code samples provided at CodePlex.

Beside state of the art .NET programming (taking use of i.e. inheritance, extension methods, presenting C#- and VB.NET source code, and much more) users also get presented quite new aspects on using .NET COM-Interop. I.e. using an isolated application domain to easily get cleanly released all COM resources is quite worth mentioning. Many thanks for your professional engagement all over the past years for the Solid Edge programmer community. Unfortunately so far neither UGS nor Siemens did provide similar help.

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 8/7/2013 7:23:31 AM

3 REPLIES

[ Edited ]

I'll second that Wolfgang!! Thanks so much Jason. You make working with the SolidEdge API (almost) bearable!! I think i would have gone mad by now had i not had this site and the samples you've created.

Posted by: Alex Lush
Post date: 8/7/2013 7:48:52 AM

[ Edited ]

Ditto. Jason's work has been extremely helpful in my automation efforts.

Posted by: Terry Tyson
Post date: 8/7/2013 9:27:08 AM

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for acknowledging my efforts. It does mean at lot to me when I hear back from you. It has always been a pleasure and honor contributing to the community.

Wolfgang, in regards to your comment about UGS\Siemens not providing similar help, I want to make sure that everyone is aware that since the release of Solid Edge ST, Siemens has been sponsoring my efforts. I feel that it is important to mention this because it is a direct credit to Karsten and Dan listening to me and the community. To add, I have been under contract with Siemens for almost a year now focusing on the SDK and open source projects with a verbal commitment to at continue another year.

I'm glad you all are pleased where things are headed. Stay tuned, there is much more coming, I promise ;-)

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 8/11/2013 9:45:59 PM