The problem of getting Dimension comment?

In programming,I can get the comment of a variable object through function GetComment().  But about the Dimmention object, there is no way to get its comment, how should I do? thank you very much, waitting any answer online!

Posted by: leo li
Post date: 3/31/2011 3:59:11 AM

7 REPLIES

RE: The problem of getting Dimension comment?

Can anybody give some suggestions! very thanks.

Post date: 4/3/2011 5:04:05 AM

Waitting..............,thanks!

Post date: 4/6/2011 6:23:52 PM

I don't see via the UI where Dimensions have comments. If you're looking for the text of the Dimension, it can be found in the Value property. If that's not what you want, you'll need to take a screenshot of what you're wanting to get at so that we can see it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 4/6/2011 8:38:22 PM

Very thank Jason. I describe this question on the screenshot picture, waitting suggestions.

Best Regards!

Post date: 4/7/2011 2:56:55 AM

Thank you for the screenshot. I have looked but I cannot find where it is exposed via the API. I suggest that you submit an IR to GTAC and ask for an answer. They will assign it to a developer for an answer. I would also suggest that you state in your IR that if it is not exposed that they need to add it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 4/7/2011 1:48:28 PM

Thank jason, I'll try to submit the IR to GTAC soon.

Post date: 4/7/2011 2:50:50 PM

Sorry to bring this thread back to life after so long but did you ever figure out how to access dimension comments, leoli?

Posted by: Anthony Boyer
Post date: 10/27/2011 3:37:40 AM