There's no way to pick a Revision Manager Event?

I need to make a customization to save a draft as image when the user save a *.dft in a certain directory of the Sharepoint, my first idea was use the .net class FileSystemWatcher to monitor a folder and when a draft file is created the customization open the solid edge and save as image file, but unfortunately this class can't monitor a sharepoint mapped folders.

My second idea is use the revision manager copy event as a trigger, but i don't know if this is possible, i have a manual that show how i can use a lot of solid edge events, but don't mention any Revision Manager event, so, anyone know if siemens offers this events in solid edge API??

If anyone have any other idea to make this, please tell me :cheer:

And sorry for my poor english :dry:

Posted by: Marcelo Marques
Post date: 10/19/2012 3:41:26 PM

2 REPLIES

SharePoint is a different kind of beast, not anything like a file system. Everything is stored in the DB. I'm by no means a SharePoint expert but I would imagine you're going to have to hook into SharePoint APIs in some way to know when a DFT gets added\modified in the system. DFT files have embedded [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile]EMF[/url] files that I know how to extract but have never shared the code. I've considered offering something like PowerToys.SolidEdge.dll that expose this exact type of functionality. If you can find someone who can deal with the SharePoint programming, I might see what I can do to get you a way to extract the EMF files.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 10/20/2012 2:28:08 AM

marcelo,

the way i do this is using a self written SharePoint Event handler, which will export the DFT-File on creation or update events to a shared (spool) directory in the file system from where it is then picked up to be processed via my Solid Edge automation tools.

Explaining, writing, deploying of SharePoint event handlers is not a issue of a few lines, but i still hope i could point you to the right direction.

BTW: Interesting to know that the FileSystemWatcher obviously does not work in combination with a mapped SharePoint document library. I never tried. Did you also try to use UNC syntax directly so surpassing the layer of mapping to a drive letter?

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 10/22/2012 7:43:44 AM