Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle Teamcenter On/Off in Solid Edge Using VBA

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I use solid edge and documents are under managed system using Teamcenter. I am currently developing a macro to automate some tasks using VBA. This macro is meant to be used offline (unmanaged). However I see that if in last instance of solid edge, teamcenter was toggled on, it will make sure to open it in teamcenter in the next instance (which I am controlling through VBA). 

I know its an easy fix to just click the button and toggle back to solid edge in unmanaged setup, but is there a way I can do that using programming?

I am looking for an error check, like if its in managed mode using teamcenter, it automatically changes it back to unmanaged and open a new instance.

I'll appreciate if anyone can share some knowledge regarding this.

Best,

Muneeb 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Toggle Teamcenter On/Off in Solid Edge Using VBA

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Use the registry...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Siemens\Solid Edge\Version 219\SolidEdge_TcE\EdgeManagerMode

0 = TC Managed off

1 = TC Managed on

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you so much for your response. I am new to VBA and solid edge macros. I am not really sure how to use registry to return a value in my code. Could you please explain how this gets used in a code?

Highlighted

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi @Muneeb,

here's a link with examples on accessing the Windows Registry with VBA:

https://vba-corner.livejournal.com/3054.html

If you're unexperienced, be careful which registry paths and values you might change. It's a good advice to make a backup of the registry part you're manipulating prior starting experimenting.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Kunert - www.wksyspro.de