Trying to Upload an Active Document through API

Hello,

I've made a couple awesome Solid Edge apps with C# using Visual Studio 2015. The next thing I am trying to figure out is how to make a script upload the active document I have open whether it's a draft or part or whatever. I have everything to connect to the active document but I've dug through all possible options to simulate going to (Application Button/Manage/Upload).

I want to make this into a Funtion key hotkey so I can quickly upload whatever I'm working on by hittin gone key. Solid Edge freezes and crashes rather often so I end up uploading constantly to avoid losing work.

Thanks

for any help!

2 REPLIES

Re: Trying to Upload an Active Document through API

Could you please explain what you mean by upload. Are you using a managed environment?
regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Re: Trying to Upload an Active Document through API

Hi JB,

Our files are kept in Insight which is web based. When a file is opened it is checked out. When you want to save changes, under manage there is the option to "Upload" or "Check In" the file to Insight. The closest reference I found was the revisionmanager section in the API programmer guide.

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/zh_cn/Images/Solid_Edge_API_tcm78-125829.pdf