Solved! Go to solution

UnitOfMeasure bug?

I'm trying to set the unit density of the active document (.par/.psm).

for the length unit, this works flawless:

Dim app As Object, objDoc As Object
        app = GetObject(, "solidedge.application")
        objDoc = app.ActiveDocument

objDoc.UnitsOfMeasure.Item(UnitTypeConstants.igUnitDistance).Units = SolidEdgeConstants.UnitOfMeasureLengthReadoutConstants.seLengthCentimeter

but for density the same code doesn't:

Dim app As Object, objDoc As Object
        app = GetObject(, "solidedge.application")
        objDoc = app.ActiveDocument

objDoc.UnitsOfMeasure.Item(UnitTypeConstants.igUnitDensity).Units = SolidEdgeConstants.UnitOfMeasureDensityReadoutConstants.seDensityGramPerMeterCubed

i've tested in ST7 and ST8

Maarten Elings | Mechanical Engineer
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaartenEl
‎04-22-2016 02:42 AM

Re: UnitOfMeasure bug?

[ Edited ]

It's not a bug, if you consider that you CANNOT use the unit type as an index to the collection. If you want to look for a specific UnitOfMeasure object, you will need to iterate through all of them and check for the correct type.

You can verify this by simply running the following code, which shows differences between the index and the unit type for all units, except igUnitDistance and igUnitAngle!!

Dim i As Integer = 1
For Each objUOM In objDoc.UnitsOfMeasure
  Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("UOM(" & i.ToString() & ") = " & objUOM.Type.ToString() & " (" & CInt(objUOM.Type).ToString() & ")")
  i += 1
Next

Re: UnitOfMeasure bug?

Thank you!

Using the Constants Enumetions from the help file I obtained the right value for density so:

Dim Objapp As Object, objDoc As Object
        Objapp = GetObject(, "solidedge.application")
        objDoc = Objapp.ActiveDocument

objDoc.UnitsOfMeasure.Item(6).Units = 4 'sets the Density(6) to kg/m³ (4)
Maarten Elings | Mechanical Engineer