Units of variables in variable table

Hi guys,

I am using the parseunit method to convert my values into database units before creating a new variable in the variable table.

The problem that I am seeing is, when I set the variables value it is taking my value in the files current unit e.g. mm and not database units (m) does anyone else see this problem or am I missing something?

Thanks again

James

Posted by: James Singleton
Post date: 5/11/2006 7:38:27 PM

2 REPLIES

RE: Units of variables in variable table

James,

I know that at my company, we do everything in English units. I can remember having to convert values back and forth depending on if I was reading or writing. Solid Edge stores everything internally as Metric so you'll have to figure out what Metric unit Solid Edge is trying to store in and convert you data to match before writing it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 5/15/2006 1:01:44 PM

RE: Units of variables in variable table

Thanks Jason,

I looked at the method a little more and realised that it wants a string supplied not a double.

Therefor if you don't want it to be in the current drawing units you have to append the unit string to the value e.g. 250mm

I don't see why this method is different to everything else, all other methods that I have used need to be given values as doubles in database units (meters).

James

Posted by: James Singleton
Post date: 5/15/2006 7:47:20 PM