Update property text

I am writing a visual studio 2008 program to modify custom properties but I need to know how to update the drawing automatically. Can anyone help please?

Posted by: Paul Collins
Post date: 7/20/2009 9:25:48 AM

7 REPLIES

RE: Update property text

The drawing won't update automatically, you have to issue the call .UpdatePropertyTextDisplay to the .ActiveDocument.

Posted by: Bill Ledbetter
Post date: 7/21/2009 12:22:30 AM

Bill

I think this is the VB6 command, which I've used before. I'm trying to get the Visual Studio 2008 equivalent command.

Post date: 7/21/2009 12:36:46 AM

Hi Paul,

to get your property texts updated after you have changed properties call:

objApplication.StartCommand(SolidEdgeConstants.DetailCommandConstants.DetailDimensionUpdatePropertyText)

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/21/2009 11:44:39 PM

Wolfgang

Thanks for your reply but, unfortunately, it did not work.

These are the declarations in my program:-

Dim objApp As SolidEdgeFramework.Application = Nothing

Dim objDoc As SolidEdgeFramework.SolidEdgeDocument = Nothing

After typing "objApp.StartCommand(" visual studio did not suggest SolidEdgeConstants.....

Post date: 7/22/2009 12:54:24 AM

Paul,

StartCommand expects a parameter which is an Integer number. That is the reason why Visual Studio does not suggest anything. You should try to type what Wolfgang suggested before "surrender"

You must also declare the Solid Edge libraries in your Project -> References section for some words to be suggested

I also suggest you to look at the SE SDK help files, where you can find information for any object, method and property inside Solid Edge.

Look into:

\Solid Edge XX\SDK\sesdk.chm

Hope this helps

Julian

Posted by: Julian Guillo
Post date: 7/22/2009 5:21:56 AM

Hi Paul,

you have to add to your project a reference to the "Solid Edge Constants Type Library" to be able to use this verbose enumeration constant argument for the StartCommand method. An alternate, but not recommended, way could be to use the integer value represented by the enumeration directly .

Best regards

Wolfgang

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/22/2009 7:50:08 AM

Everyone

Many thanks for all your help and suggestions. I think it is now sorted - it was a simple syntax problem. When I type "StartCommand=" and not "StartCommand(" everything was OK.

Post date: 7/23/2009 11:19:21 PM